Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black Bean Salsa Dip
*Modified from my big sis!


5 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained

3 cans of corn, drained

2 bunches of cilantro, chopped

3 heaping tablespoons of minced garlic

2 bushels of green onions, chopped both green and white parts

about 8 or 9 roma tomatoes, diced

about 1/2 tablespoon salt

1/2 tablespoon black pepper 

1 bottle (though I like 1 1/2 bottles) of lime juice. 


Mix together and serve with chips.  It is better to let it sit
 overnight then the flavors all mix together.  My favorite is 
when this is cold and I put it on hot rice.  You can also use it 
with eggs, over grilled chicken or in a quesadilla.  The 
possibilities are endless with this one.  It is so fresh and 
healthy!  


This makes a pretty big batch.  But this big of a batch doesn't last more than 3 days in my house.  3 out of 4 of my kids LOVE this! The original recipe my sister gave me was a lot smaller than this and different amounts of onions, cilantro and such.  The more you make it the more you will find your own preferences of how much of which ingredient you like. I personally like more lime juice because it is fantastic when the rice soaks it all up. Perfection!

2 comments:

  1. This was amazing. Thank you so much for sharing some with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany,

    I love this recipe so much, we add a little twist by adding a large can of mild diced green chilies, to spice it just a bit... We took this to our families Sunday lunch in Ogden and everyone just loved it as well, so I have been sharing your Black Bean Salsa Dip with all my sisters-in-laws!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your special gift in the kitchen... with all of us, and making me look really with my wife's family :)

    Bill

    ReplyDelete