Friday, June 29, 2012

Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
*I found this recipe on adashofthyme.com


3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups low sodium soy sauce
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 bunch of green onions, chopped (save some for the top)
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I like a little more so I upped it to 2 teaspoons)
1 teaspoons sesame oil
1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk


Remove any fat from chicken breasts. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, coconut milk, sesame oil, onions, garlic and water in a bowl.  Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours (I did mine overnight).
Grill chicken on a low heat so the marinade does not burn.  I cooked it about 4 minutes on each side.  Serve with rice or noodles and top with green onions and soy sauce.
*I served this with coconut quinoa and it was perfect! When cooking your quinoa or rice, simply replace half of the water with coconut milk.
*I also reserved 2 cups of the marinade BEFORE I put it on top of the chicken.  I then added 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons of corn starch to thicken it to make a sauce.  I used this to drizzle over the grilled chicken and quinoa. 
*I also served this like a kabob.  The recipe didn't call for it but I wanted to squeeze some veggies in there.  I used leftover zucchini, yellow squash and onion. SOOOO good!
 Before hopping on the grill!
 Cooked up and on top of coconut quinoa!
 Close up so you can see the sauce!  It was fantastically delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment