Saturday, June 9, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken Marinade

‎1/2 c. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice or wine
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. instant minced onion
1/2 tsp. black pepper


pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)





 
My husband grilled the veggies for me. I halved everything: Green peppers, onions, zuchinni and tomatoes! I would have used red peppers if I had them, but at the last minute I thought "while he is grilling, I should ask him to grill a tomato and see how it tastes." It was AWESOME!!! And I cooked the chicken in a pan (only because we didn't have kabob skewers) and let it caramelize a little so it was sticky from the brown sugar. Did I mention it was super yummy?!?!?






I cut the chicken into chunks before I realized that we didn't have skewers. I let it marinate for 4 hours. I did the rice in the rice cooker and later Andy grilled the veggies while I cooked the chicken in the pan. I started a pan on high heat then added a few teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and let that get to smoking hot, turned heat to medium high then added the chicken. I used a slotted spoon to get the chicken out of the mix so there wasn't much marinade on it but what WAS on it, I let caramelize.

1 comment: