Monday, June 11, 2012

White Bean "Alfredo" Sauce
* I got this recipe from starved-writer.com

1 can white beans (I used cannellini)
1-2 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend well.  I blended my for about 1 1/2 minutes to make sure it was super smooth. Pour into a pot and heat till desired temperature.  
Serves 4


Now I must say this is nothing like I thought it would be.  I LOOOVE alfredo sauce and was extremely curious to see how this would turn out.  Let me just say it will not taste like Olive Gardens yummy alfredo sauce.  However, it had a very unique taste.  I put it on top of the fresh Zucchini and Tomato Pasta recipe, posted on this blog.  


I can't wait to have the leftovers for tomorrows lunch! Oh, and the pictures below are a DOUBLED batch!

 This was the beans and seasonings.


 This is all ingredients before being blended.

And there you have it!  White Bean "Alfredo" Sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment