Saturday, June 9, 2012

          So this is my first attempt at a blog!  After many people suggesting that I do so, here I am!  I was given some not so good news from my doctor about my health.  "If you don't change your lifestyle and eating habits you will NOT make it to 60 years old."  Talk about a slap in the face.  Top that with news of a heart murmur and a family history of heart problems and you got one scared lady named Brittany! 
          This information has helped to change my view on the things that I prepare and put into my body. I started going outside my comfort zone of sour cream, cheeses, pizza, pastries, chips and....well, you get the idea.  In all my searching for healthy recipes on pinterest or google, I found that a lot of suggestions were tilapia (a new found favorite) and quinoa (another favorite). I am learning how to substitute plain greek yogurt for things like sour cream, mayo or cream cheese. I am finding flavor in more herbs and spices and less salt.  
          My intent for this blog is to have a place for others to see that you CAN eat healthy AND have it be good too.  I have four kids so I can't be spending all day cooking in the kitchen... but when Brittany's in the kitchen... IT'S GOOD!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment