Friday, June 15, 2012

Taco Soup
*this is my own recipe


1 small can black beans, DO NOT DRAIN
1 small can small red kidney beans, DO NOT DRAIN
1 small can dark kidney beans, DO NOT DRAIN
1 can corn, drained
1 can crushed tomatoes (my kids don't like the tomatoes if they see it otherwise I would use diced tomatoes)
1 package taco seasoning
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 pound ground turkey breast, cooked and drained


Brown up turkey breast and chopped onions in a medium sized pot.  Drain any liquids and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes to heat through, stirring occasionally. 


My kids like this with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. I eat mine without all that stuff to keep it on the healthier side.  I also like to top mine with a little reserved chopped onion for a little bit of a crunch!  You can also do this in the crockpot to cook all day to make the flavors mix a little more. 


 This is what it looks like in the pot while cooking!
 This is how the kids like to eat it.  Cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.
 This is what mine looks like without the extra onions.
This is how I like mine!  YUUUUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment